HUMSA Summer Trip 2011 - Marburg, Germany
Huntingdonshire is twinned with Marburg-Biedenkopf in the state of Hess, Germany, about 50 miles north of Frankfurt. It is a really attractive region with tree covered hills all around. Marburg Biedenkopf has a summer music festival and we have been invited to take part. The trip will be centred around the picturesque village of Bad Endbach. A new swimming pool and spa opened last October and the village also has shops, cafes etc.
Marburg is a very interesting old university town with plenty of shops to visit.
The trip is open to any student of the Huntingdonshire Music School - you don’t need to be playing in a band or ensemble.
Thursday 11th August:
- Early start from HRC, travelling by coach and ferry.
- Plan to arrive at 18:00 and have a group meal
Friday 12th August - Sunday 14th August
- A number of concerts, depending upon who goes and the bands we can form
- Coach sightseeing trips, possibilities include:
- Ski lift and summer tobogganing
- Edersee and Eder dam and waterparc
- Other options to be built into the itinerary
- Final group meal
Monday 15th August:
- Early start from Bad Endbach
- ETA Huntingdon 19:00
We will be staying in the village of Bad Endbach. There isn’t a big enough hotel in Bad Endbach that will accommodate us all, so we will have to be split between 2 (possibly 3) hotels situated close together. The rooms are ensuite singles, twins or doubles, and some will have the capability of having an extra single bed put in the room. There may be an option to stay with local families.
Adults c £220
Children c £200
We hope to have a donation from Huntingdonshire District Council that will help toward the cost of the trip; we will also hold fundraising events to raise funds for the trip. If there are 40 people on the trip and the fund raising goes well, the adult price could drop to £175.
Included in price:
- All travel throughout the trip from and back to HRC, inc excursion transport.
- Evening meal on arrival at Bad Endbach
- 4 nights Hotel accommodation, bed & breakfast.
- End of tour meal.
- All lunches and evening meals other than the above.
- Travel or instrument insurance
- Spending money
- Additional excursions
A £25 deposit is needed to secure your place at the time of booking with the booking form (see entry in discussion forum) to either Alan Crosthwaite (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Joyce Reeves.